ANIMAL RELOCATION TO IRELAND: HOW IS THIS DONE?
Even though the cities of Dublin, Cork, Galway and even Limerick are in very close proximity, there are a few procedures to follow to enable your pet to get the most out of their trip to Ireland, hassle-free.
By choosing the PREMIUM package, we can take care of all, or some of these steps for you.
The minimum time period between the start of formalities to be carried out and your pet’s trip to Ireland is at least two weeks.
VETERINARY PROTOCOL AND ADMINISTRATIVE STEPS ABOUT PET TRANSPORT TO IRELAND
For the transportation of your favourite pet to Ireland, they need to:
- Have a microchip (tattooing is not sufficient)
- Have a pet passport (your vet can provide you with one)
- Be vaccinated against rabies (dating more than 30 days prior to departure, but less than a year)
- Be treated against fleas and intestinal worms (treatment to be done 24 to 48 hours prior to departure). If this treatment is not carried out, your pet could be placed in quarantine for 72 hours upon their arrival in Ireland…
- Have a certificate of good health that your vet will issue within two days prior to departure. This document must also be certified and stamped by the Departmental Directorate for Public Protection (the “DDPP”) in your region.
After having followed all these procedures, your pet will be ready to set off for Saint Patrick country! Welcome to Shamrock Country.
To get more information about our pet transport services to Ireland, contact us !
The links below will direct you to websites of Irish authorities and those of the DDPP