Animal Transportation to Hong-Kong



Travelling with your dog or cat or another pet to Hong Kong can only be done through a "cargo" network (also called air freight) for airline companies. 

It is imperative to respect these regulations, failing which your pet will be denied access to board to the aeroplane.

However, we are able to arrange for the transportation of your pets on the same flight as you, especially in the case of flights with no stopovers. The transportation of live animals to Hong Kong can only take place on direct flights.

Regulations relating to the importation of animals to Hong Kong require adherence to a vaccination protocol as well as the issuing of specific documents which differ depending on the animal species.

By choosing the PREMIUM package, we can take care of all, or some of these steps for you.

Below, we offer you some advice to take note of for the transportation of dogs and cats.

If you would like to transport some other animal species to Hong Kong, please also do not hesitate to contact us.

The minimum time period between the start of formalities to be carried out and your pet's trip is at least 1.5 months.


The importation of your pet to Hong Kong is subject to:

  • The implantation of a microchip (tattoos are not permitted in Hong Kong!!)
  • Obtaining an animal import permit called a Special Permit. 
  • A vaccination protocol:

To import your dog to Hong Kong:

  • Rabies (dating more than 30 days, but less than a year prior to departure)
  • Canine Distemper
  • Infectious Canine Hepatitis (Rubarth's Hepatitis)
  • Canine Parvovirus

The last three vaccines must date to more than 14 days, but less than a year prior to departure


To import your cat to Hong Kong:

  • Rabies (dating to more than 30 days, but less than a year prior to departure)
  • Feline Panleucopaenia (Typhus)
  • Feline Respiratory Disease Complex (Infectious Coryza)

The last two vaccines must be dated to more than 14 days, but less than a year prior to departure

  • A certificate of good health specific to Hong Kong dated to less than 14 days prior to departure. An "Animal Health Certificate for Dog & Cat to be exported to Hong Kong" certificate.

This certificate has three distinct parts (A, B and C):

Part A must be completed by you

Part B must be completed by your usual vet

Part C must be completed and certified by the DDPP Department

With all the necessary stamps obtained, it's finally time to board the plane, and get yourself to a new setting. Cuddles and licks are the order of the day!!


Don't forget that Part C of the certificate of good health must be certified by the DDPP Department.  No stamp, no departure, so no licks!!


Useful contacts:

– AFCD: The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department

The link below will direct you to the website of the AFCD, where all the procedures to be followed are listed. If you prefer, we are able to take care of all, or a part of the latter (PREMIUM package).

In addition, we can handle the process in which your animal is taken in and inspected at the airport in Hong Kong, before being transported to your new home by pet taxi.


Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD)

Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices

303 Cheung Sha Wan Road

5th Floor, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Tel: (852) 2150 7065