ANIMAL RELOCATION TO FRANCE: HOW IS THIS DONE?
Do you want to have your pet transported to France?
A few rules are to be adhered to to ensure that the procedures and the trip takes place under the best possible conditions.
By choosing the PREMIUM package, we can take care of all, or some of these steps for you.
The minimum time period between the start of formalities to be carried out and your pet’s trip can range from two weeks to five months, depending on the country of departure (contact us about this!)
VETERINARY PROTOCOL AND ADMINISTRATIVE STEPS REGARDING ANIMAL TRANSPORT TO FRANCE
The importation regulations of your pet into France are as follows:
- They need to be identifiable (microchip)
- They need to have a pet passport (in case of animal is originated from the EC)
- They must have an up-to-date vaccine against rabies (vaccine dating more than 30 days, but less than a year prior to departure)
- They must have a rabies antibody titration done depending on the country of departure* (at least 30 days after the vaccine, but within the last year)
- They must be accompanied by an original copy of a health certificate specific to the European Union, issued by an official vet in the country of departure (must be issued within the last ten days prior to departure).
- Importation in the EC is limited to 5 animals per person
* some countries are not subject to this titration – for more information, contact us.
Once your pet has met all these requirements, their new “French-style” way of life can finally begin!
For transportation to the French territory, contact us.
These links will direct you to the websites of the French authorities, enabling you to view more information.